Welcome, Class of 2025!
Congratulations on your admission and your decision to attend the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine! We look forward to your arrival on campus in August, and we are excited to learn more about you during the weeklong orientation program we have planned for you.
Please use this site to help you prepare for your move to Blacksburg to join our college community, and contact us at email@example.com or 540-231-4090 if we can provide further assistance. Your Academic Affairs team welcomes you!
Important Dates and Deadlines
April 2021: Registration
- The Academic Affairs office will register you for classes.
May 24, 2021: Receive Information Survey
- An Information Survey will be sent to you on May 24. It is imperative that this information be returned no later than June 14.
June 30, 2021: Transcripts Deadline
- Your official updated transcripts must be received by the DVM Admissions Office by this date. In accordance with admissions requirements, acceptance is conditional upon satisfactory completion of all required coursework by the end of the spring 2021 term. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
July 31, 2021: Immunization History Form Due
- You will be required to provide documentation to both the university and the college.
In addition to the university's requirements, the college has additional immunization requirements. You are required to provide documentation of the following vaccinations directly to VA-MD Vet Med's Office of Academic Affairs by either of the following methods:
- Email the documentation to email@example.com.
- Fax the documentation to 540-231-9290.
- Incoming students will not be required to be vaccinated their first year, but will be required to be vaccinated prior to beginning the second year of the program. As in previous years, the Office of Academic Affairs will organize a vaccination clinic for all students in the Class of 2025 who need to be vaccinated.
- Subsequent to that time, a titer will be required of all students during the spring semester of the second teaching time. Students will not be able to enter clinical rotations in the fall without titer results and/or booster, if necessary.
- A tetanus vaccination is required every 10 years.
- If an FDA-approved coronavirus vaccination becomes readily available, we will require all students to be vaccinated against COVID-19.