Thank you for choosing the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine when considering completing your clinical training requirement. The VMCVM Office of Academic Affairs is ready to support you as you transition from the classroom to the clinic floor. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns that you might have at email@example.com.
Short-Term Visiting Student Checklist
Please ensure that you understand your responsibility to complete the items listed below. You are advised to complete these items in the order in which they are listed.
- Immediately upon acceptance, please review the student handbook.
- The Student Handbook outlines policies and procedures for all students. It is imperative that you review and are familiar with the handbook before your arrival.
- We welcome short-term visiting students. Frequently the students visit our Equine Medical Center in Leesburg, VA. However, many options are available. To discuss your options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before your arrival, it is imperative that your rabies and tetanus immunizations are current. Without compliance, students are not allowed to participate in clinical activities. Our program requires the following:
- Proof of tetanus immunizations must be within the past 10 years.
- Proof of rabies with actual results of titer within the last three years must reflect 1 ≥ 0.5.
- Please review additional immunization information.
- Please review additional information about required health and accident insurance.
- Mail or fax official, signed, and legible copies of proof of health and accident liability insurance to:
Office of Academic Affairs (0442)
Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
245 Duckpond Drive
Phase III Suite 203
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Academic Affairs support will be available to you as needed to assist you with any questions you may have. We can be reached at:
Office of Academic Affairs