Important Dates, Deadlines, and To-do's
For the DVM Class of 2027
Upon admissions offer acceptance
Know that we are excited you chose to join our community!
To begin the process of joining the student community, please establish your VT Username*. You will need:
- Your student number, which was included in your offer letter
- Your major: Veterinary Medicine (NOT Veterinary Medical Science or Veterinary Science)
*Note: If you applied, were enrolled, or worked at Virginia Tech in recent years, your VT Username/email will remain the same and, therefore, you will not need to set up a new VT username.
Your classes begin on Aug. 21 and the Office of Academic Affairs will register you for your classes, which are:
- The Normal Animal (10 credits)
- Becoming a Veterinary Professional (2 credits)
- Dealing with Threats (10 credits)
You will be able to view your academic calendar and course schedule when they are posted on the website in July.
You will receive an email from our office on April 20 for the required entering DVM student Information Survey. It is imperative that this information be returned no later than May 15.
June 30, 2023: Transcript submission deadline
- Your official updated transcripts must be received by the DVM Admissions Office by June 30. In accordance with admissions requirements, acceptance is conditional upon satisfactory completion of all required coursework by the end of the spring 2023 term. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
July 31, 2023: Immunization history submission deadline
- You will be required to provide documentation to both the university and the college.
You are required to provide documentation of the following vaccinations directly to VA-MD Vet Med's Office of Academic Affairs using either of the following methods:
- Email the documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax the documentation to 540-231-9290.
- A booster dose within the 10 years prior to arrival at the college.
- Please provide documentation to email@example.com (Required prior to orientation)
- Incoming students will not be required to be vaccinated until prior to beginning the second year of the DVM program. At that time, the Office of Academic Affairs will work with the Schiffert Student Health Center, to schedule a time for students to be vaccinated.
- If a student has already completed the rabies vaccination series, they would be required to have a titer done three years after the initial series to ensure the student is protected.
- Aug. 1, 2023: Online Safety Course completion deadline - Information is forthcoming.
- Aug. 14–16, 2023: Orientation Week - View the schedule (PDF) and note that attendance is mandatory.
- Aug. 21, 2023: Classes begin